My name is Richard Porteous and I am the new student consultant at Wahaha! I recently arrived in Fukuoka three weeks ago from Australia, and I am looking forward to meeting you all at some point in the future. I am still learning Japanese as well, but feel free to speak to me in either English or Japanese, I need the practice! I am still learning how to be the most effective student consultant I be, so I will try my best. 頑張ります！Please feel free to contact me if you have any inquires and questions that need an answer!
It seems like the results for the December JLPT came only yesterday, but it is already time to think about the next!
Wahaha Japanese Language School is very happy to announce that our popular JLPT course will be renewed again, and always for the incredible price of 2000 JPY for each lesson!
Have a look at our flyers for more information!
We are looking for an English speaker to fill an admin position. In addition to general office related tasks, you will handle email communication (mainly in English) and some translation work from Japanese to English. As such, candidates should have a Japanese ability level of at least JLPT N3.
This is a part-time position requiring about 4-5 hours of work per day from Monday to Friday.
– Email communication (mainly in English)
– Japanese to English translation
– General admin tasks (i.e. making quotes, invoices, receipts)
– Managing social network accounts, sales, and homepage updates
– Event planning
– Teaching occasional English lessons
– English level: Native or equivalent
– Japanese level: JLPT N3 or above
– Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power point, Photoshop, WordPress
Location: 3 minutes from Akasaka Station, Chuo Ku, Fukuoka
Salary: Starts at ¥850 per hour, plus \500 per day for transportation costs (hourly wage for English teaching is separate, ask for details)
Work hours: Monday – Friday, 4-5 hrs per day
Employment Period: Starting March 20th 2017 with a one month trial period
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to Maekawa Junko at email@example.com
For more information about our school, visit wahahanihongo.com or facebook.com/wahahanihongo.
Contact: WAHAHA Japanese Language School (Director: Maekawa Junko)
Address: Maizuru 2-2-7 4F, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka-shi
Hello! Here is the time to recap all our available courses for this spring and summer!
- The translation Courses. These courses are aimed at Japanese language students whose goal it is to work in the translation industry in the future. Highly experienced teachers and professional translators will instruct participants on practical translation skills. This course will also improve students’ Japanese abilities. This course is made of 60 hours of instruction in a month and has two set dates: March 6, 2017 and July 18, 2017.
- The Manga Course is two weeks long, and includes Japanese lesson and 12 hours of manga drawing under the direction of a professional mangaka. The manga course is available during the whole month of June.
- The summer course is available from June 1 to August 31, and includes both normal Japanese lessons and various cultural activities. The course automatically includes a 20% discount for any reservations made before May 1st!
More details, and contact forms are available on our website!
Again, a very happy new year to everyone! We ended the New year course this week-end in the most spectacular way, with one of the big 3 fire festival, at the Daizenji of Kurume!
It was rainy, but it did certainly not dampen the atmosphere, though we felt sorry for people running in the rain with only a loincloth. However, you understand the point of the loincloth very well when the huge torches are lit!
A tradition of more than 1,500 years, the “tsuina” (exorcism ceremony) starts at around ７PM with men carrying around torches. For the less religiously inclined of us, the most impressive moment comes at around 9PM, when 6 huge torches are lit and carried around the ground of the shrine, with not a few “aaah” when the bearers lose their balance!